Hey, it's Zoe! I'm a product builder in tech. My apps have been featured on Product Hunt #1, Lifehacker US, Hacker Noon Noonies Winner, and tech blogs in 7 countries. I'm currently based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Now: I run a product studio X media platform that functions on this site. As a studio, I launch startup products internally to create small bets of venture portfolio, traction & profitability. For media, I produce content properties for product entrepreneurship with 3.2K subscribers under a network of newsletters, video reports, case studies & courses (in development).
On Deck Fellowship: On Deck started in Silicon Valley and grew globally as a platform to help ambitious tech talents to advance their careers. I’m part of On Deck Founder Fellowship, a 10-week program that brings together exceptional ex-founders, mentors, investors, operators to build the next ventures. Today, ODF alumni have founded 330+ companies and raised over $250M from leading investors in the last 18 months.
Previously: I'm an operator. I've worked with US/APAC remote teams and VC-backed tech cos in product, communication, growth & community strategy. Before working in tech, I started my career as a digital marketing consultant in paid Ads & online strategy.
Weekends: I'm growing NotionTrackerSuite (US$4,700 sales in 23 days), Medium blog (420K total visitors, 40K/month traffic) and Twitter audience (6,000+). View all growth screenshots.
- Marketing Trainer — Spoke publicly about SEO, paid Ads & WordPress
- Bachelor's Degree — First Class Honor in International Business & Marketing
Long-term career goal 🎯
- Building and launching great products
- Improve other people's lives through tech and design
- Start a business, sell a business, invest in startups, exit in startups to experience different flavors (sizes, forms, stages, roles) of entrepreneurship.
I’d like to learn more about 🧠
- Industry — Social network, marketplaces, future of work, passion economy
- Skills — Product management, go-to-market, pricing & financial modeling
Strength profile (clients' feedback) 👍
- Strategic and critical thinking analysis
- Combination of product thinker, designer & marketer
- Creative content creator
Tech journey 🚀
- Pivoted from digital marketing career into the tech industry [Feb 2019]
- Got into product building and fast prototyping to train my product skills [March 2019]
- Learned to code and launched "I Lazy to Read" ft. on Product Hunt #1 and Lifehacker [May 2019]
- Started getting inbound leads from US startups and VC-backed tech cos reaching out for product consulting [Jun 2019]
Coding journey ⚡️
- Picked up Ruby on Rails & CSS, failed to go through courses and gave up
- Realized learning to code without building products led me going nowhere
- Strategy: only learn courses when I need to build specific features or prototype
How I learn ❤️
- Learn by doing, building & creating
- Pursue knowledge in T (width and depth)
Marketing stack 🚨
- Analytics — Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Tag Manager
- Ads — Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads
- Email — MailerLite, Substack, Mailchimp
- Outreach — Snov.io
Tech stack 💻
- Python, Django, APIs
- No-code stacks: Glide, Carrd, Zapier, Airtable, Coda, Typeform, Parabola, Sheets
Remote stack 🌎
- Meeting — Zoom, Meet, Google Calendar
- Resources — Notion, Miro, Google Drive, Google Docs
- Messaging — Slack, Gmail
Workstation setup 👩💻
- Device — MacBook Pro 13" 2019, iPhone 11
- Ergonomics — Logitech K380 Keyboard, Anker Optical Mouse
- Ideas — A5 notebook, scrapbook, pen
- ENTJ Extraversion (E), Intuition (N), Thinking (T), Judgment (J)
- Value people experience
- Love to surround with like-minded people, both online and offline
My lessons 💥
- Don’t chase new startup ideas. Focus on the problems to solve, then you will have ideas.
- Build something you wish existed and become the user of your own product.
- The best sign for product market fit is when (enough) people pay to use your product.
Favorite quotes 💎
- Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born — Nikola Tesla.
- What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
- Figure out how to figure it out — Sam Altman.
- Try until you start winning.
Fun facts 😆
- In 2015, I wrote, produced and released my first EDM music on a record label based in Miami, also featured on local radio station on a EDM show.
- I used to spend time as a hobbyist DJ, producing mixtape like this on a radio show.
- Impatient syndrome (opposite of imposter syndrome) - my fear of not launching projects as quickly as possible is greater than the fear of not being perfect enough.
- Drink a lot of water, eat a lot of veggies and sleep sufficiently.
- Took a training program from a doctor on how to master sleep.